Tuesday, March 20, 2007

An Emcee's Gentle Word

Curtis "Voice" Allen was invited to John Piper's church, Bethlehem Baptist Church (BBC), to share his testimony and to perform last October. All seemed to go well until word spread that John Piper had a rapper rap at his church during worship and people flipped out. Because of his performance, many people even called his conversion into question.

It would be understandable if Mr. Allen was upset, or even if he let loose a little well founded criticism of the current state of evangelicalism in America, but instead he wrote this article. It is a response written from a humility I fear that I may never find. It almost brings me to tears. God grant me and other Christians to respond to adversity and criticism in such a way as this.

Again, read his response here: An Emcee's Gentle Word

Also check out other thoughts on the situation from Justin Taylor and Steve McCoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this Curtis guy! That was so awesome to read - I think I can count myself convicted right now, and yet in a very thankful and hopeful way - it's weird.