Friday, February 08, 2008

Keller's Reasons

Tim Keller's new book The Reason for God comes out in a week or so. Tim Keller (along with John Piper and NT Wright) has had some of the most profound impact on my life and living. This is the first book that he has written for the general public, and I am anxious to get it in my hands (He wrote a book entitled Ministries of Mercy for people in "vocational Christian service" a few years back).

His church, Redeemer Presbyterian in New York City, has put up some free sermons related to the book. Whether you read the book or not, I really recommend them. Enjoy:

Exclusivity: How can there be just one true religion?

Suffering: If God is good, why is there so much evil in the world?

Absolutism: Don't we all have to find truth for ourselves?

Injustice: Hasn't Christianity been an instrument for oppression?

Hell: Isn't the God of Christianity an angry Judge?

Doubt: What should I do with my doubts?

Literalism: Isn't the Bible historically unreliable and regressive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just FYI this thing is already on back order in a lot of places so jump on it if you are interested