Saturday, April 05, 2008

Unbelievable Birthday

Well, my wife threw me an unbelievable birthday party tonight at the apartment. And aside from the Literary Study Bible (which I have been coveting for months), a membership to the Boulder Wine Club (from Jenny's parents), and the a bottle of Woodford Reserve Bourbon (thanks Tim), the big surprise of the night is that my wife surpised me with a trip to the Pacific Northwest tomorrow (well, technically today)!!!

We are flying out for Seattle at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow, going to Mars Hill Church on Sunday (I love that my wife knows me so well), checking out the original Starbucks, going to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, heading out to the San Juan Islands, and then we are going up to Vancouver. I have no idea how she pulled this off. She even got my shifts covered at work without me knowing. Unbelievable!!! My wife is indescribably thoughtful and amazing. I have never had such a birthday surprise in my life. I'll give a full report here when we get back.
I love you Jen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got a message from your lovely wife, but I'm working an all-night shift at the hospital tonight. I hope you enjoy the tulips and Vancouver for me- I think it will be rainy, but I'm sure you'll SOMEHOW have a good time. You're so close to Moscow I can taste it- I wish I could hug you for your birthday! You are the precious of The Precious.