Friday, January 18, 2008

Abortion Debate at CU

My wife and I are going to a debate on "Is Abortion Morally Justifiable?" featuring Dr. David Boonin (a University of Colorado philosophy professor, author of In Defense of Abortion) and Dr. Peter Kreeft (prolific author and professor at Boston College) at The University of Colorado at Boulder tonight in Humanities Room 1B50 at 7:00 PM.

I'm going to take notes as well as I am able and I will post them here on the blog, perhaps with some comment as well. Check back tomorrow or the day after and they should be up.

May the Lord be pleased to end this deplorable injustice in our country. Amen.

4 comments:

A.B. said...

Hello. I am wondering if this debate is available on video or audio yet. Thank you kindly.

Unknown said...

Notes! You promised!

Lauren said...

I can't wait to hear what you learned from the debate.

Our baby is almost an inch in size and has all of its major organs developed. Only 9 weeks gestation and the sweet baby can already feel pain. In a couple of weeks it will be able to hear sounds and even suck its thumb. God has created a wonderful creation in me.

I long for the day when the world sees abortion as injustice and when all women suffering from the guilt of a previous abortion would experience God's grace and healing mercies in the most miraculous way.

Anonymous said...

Read Francis Beckwith's bludgeoning response to Boonin. I am amazed that Boonin still is pro-choice. Beckwith destroyed any doubt in my mind. I know Boonin is wrong and feel no need to read Boonin's books.
http://www.francisbeckwith.com/
Boonin’s argument here would abolish child support laws. The basic point he is arguing is that sex brings no more responsibility than walking into a park despite a warning.
He might respond that the law does not oblige parents to donate organs. However, sex is NATURALLY ORDERED towards producing beings dependent by nature. The woman’s body is DESIGNED to house children. Her body is not designed to expel kidneys. That is the difference
That argument Boonin does not even deal with. He cannot.